Direct Selection from
It’s our great pleasure to announce that the winner of our Direct Selection award at Seoul Webfest is (drum roll, please…) Friday the 13th.
The show is by Inchun Ho, whose scary short Polaroid was named one of 2018’s best mobile movies.
Thriller Friday the 13th is a tale of attempts to track down the cause of mysterious events that happen on Friday 13th. At Seoul Web Fest it won the award for Best Suspense/Thriller.
Seoul Webfest is a participating festival in the Web Series World Cup. 2019 is our second round of selection swaps with Seoul Webfest. In 2018 we received Not Basic?. In 2017 Seoul Webfest selected Lucy Lewis Can’t Lose. In 2018 it selected The Adventures of Suzy Boon.
Friday the 13th plays at #NZWF19 in the International Narrative category. It joins our previously-announced selections from partner festivals at #NZWF19:
- Frontera City / Frontier City (Bogota Web Fest)
- Narcoleap (Miami Web Fest)
- A-Live (Apulia Web Fest)
- Hinterher / Afterwards (die Seriale)
- Farm Crime (T.O. WebFest)
- Last Breath (Melbourne WebFest)
- Bless This Mess (Stareable Fest)
- Chekhov Screenlife (Realist Web Fest)
- Twinky Doo’s Magic World (Sicily Web Fest)
Seoul Webfest will select a NZ show from #NZWF19 for its next edition.
Published on 25 August 2019