Selection swap with
London Short Series
It’s our great pleasure to announce that the winner of our Direct Selection award at London Short Series is (drum roll, please…) Dreaming Whilst Black.
Dreaming Whilst Black is a comedy series that follows young but naive British Jamaican filmmaker, Kwabena, as he struggles to navigate between his dreams and reality. The show is our first selection from London Short Series, which is in its second season this year. Dreaming Whilst Black is currently leading the race for this year’s year’s Web Series World Cup award (at time of publishing).
As London Short Series and NZ Web Fest run in the same week, we’re also able to announce the selection of Crips in Cars as the Direct Selection from #NZWF19 to this year’s London Short Series.
Crips in Cars is from Attitude, whose previous selections at NZ Web Fest include George and Me, two seasons of Glimpse, and Question Time.
Dreaming Whilst Black plays at #NZWF19 in the International Narrative category. It joins our previously-announced selections from partner festivals at #NZWF19:
- Frontera City / Frontier City (Bogota Web Fest)
- Narcoleap (Miami Web Fest)
- A-Live (Apulia Web Fest)
- Hinterher / Afterwards (die Seriale)
- Farm Crime (T.O. WebFest)
- Last Breath (Melbourne WebFest)
- Bless This Mess (Stareable Fest)
- Chekhov Screenlife (Realist Web Fest)
- Twinky Doo’s Magic World (Sicily Web Fest)